Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I-Spy Quilts

Over a year ago, I decided I wanted to make an I-Spy quilt for Cullen. Earlier this year, I participated in a swap for I-Spy quilt squares, which left me with 200 different squares! How awesome!
As I started sketching out ways to arrange them (with sashing or without? 9 patches based on background color?), I realized that I had enough to make TWO! So I began separating the definite boy squares and girl squares, then divided the gender neutral ones. Borders and appliqued names later, here are the finished quilt tops:
I have Aubree's quilted, straight lines on either side of the seams of the squares, but I still need to do the borders. I hope to get Cullen's basted and started on the quilting tonight. I somehow lost the FMQ foot for my machine, so I need to order another one, since I planned on doing FMQ on the borders. Unless any of you have other suggestions? I thought about just doing diagonal lines evenly spaced, but I don't really want to quilt THROUGH the names :-/

1 comment:

Ariane said...

These are so cute!! You are doing great. I can't wait to see them all done!!!