Thursday, August 19, 2010

Baby Blanket

I whipped this up yesterday during naptime for Cullen's newest little cousin!

I did some hand embroidery around the letters to make sure that the Heat N Bond would stay on through a baby pulling on it and the wash, etc. I know it SAYS permanent, but it was already seeming to peel, I guess it doesn't hold on flannel as well as regular cotton fabric!

I used this tutorial from Piece N Quilt, and it was SOOO easy to follow and make. I think the actual cutting took longer than the sewing, since I have such a small cutting mat. I even made a matching burp rag/towel this morning in less than ten minutes.

I also recently found out my little sister is expecting her first child! It is my first niece and Cullen's first cousin on my side of the family. She's only a couple weeks (well, she thinks she's only about a month... I am betting she's a bit farther along than she thinks...). It was quite funny when she told me. She tends to ramble on the phone, and I tend to --accidentally-- tune out sometimes.... All of a sudden I heard "I'm pregnant". She's said that before when she knows I'm zoning out to test me. So I said "No you're not," and she started crying! I felt so bad, and said "You're for real this time? I thought you were just testing me!" And then she started laughing while still crying.... I told her "Whoa, two pregnant chicks on the phone, we need to decide if we are laughing or crying because that's too many emotions for one phone call." Anyway, her husband is thrilled, and she's adjusting to the idea. I can't wait to find out what she is having and make lots of goodies for her!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Congratulations to your sister and to you on you new babies. Nice little quilt thanks for entering my giveaway.