Friday, August 27, 2010

Fabric joke and a finished project

Well, I am in "any day now" territory, and scheduled to induce a week from today, on Sept 3rd if she doesn't choose to come sooner. All of my symptoms have gotten much worse the last few days, as well, so I haven't been doing much of anything except rest. I did sandwich and quilt the botany quilt top I had finished awhile ago, but I haven't put the binding on yet.

I did make this table runner, though, and finished it today:

And the other side:

The fabric is Blessings by Brannock and Patek for Moda. I don't even remember if I had mentioned it before or not, but I bought a scrap bag, and it was mostly Blessings, with a few solids. At first, I was a bit disappointed, as it wasn't a collection I would have purchased on my own, but then decided it would make a nice table runner for our kitchen. Now I want to buy some yardage of two of the prints and make coordinating curtains, especially since Shaine makes fun of the country chicken ones I put up ;)

Now time to start on Shaine's Army Memory quilt :) THAT'S one I am really excited about! I will end the post with this joke I got in my email box today that made me giggle:

Buying Fabric

Walking up to a department store's fabric counter, a pretty girl asked, "I want to buy this material for a new dress. How much does it cost?"

"Only one kiss per yard, " replied the smirking male clerk.

"That's fine," replied the girl. "I'll take ten yards."

With expectation and anticipation written all over his face, the clerk hurriedly measured out and wrapped the cloth, then held it out teasingly.

The girl snapped up the package and pointed to a little old man standing beside her. "Grandpa will pay the bill," she smiled.

No comments: