Now, I am sure I am not the first to think of this and do it, I have seen pictures of people using the leg of their extension table to do essentially the same thing... However, my extension table doesn't have a leg on the front right side, and I never thought of another way to do it. When dealing with a larger quilt, my binding tends to sort of pile up and as a result the nice fold I ironed into it gets messed up and its hard to keep it straight and even while sewing. So, while ironing the binding I prepared for this quilt, a light bulb went off! I had an empty spool that I saved for some reason... I grabbed it and started wrapping it and secured it with a pin as I continued to iron, and roll... iron, and roll.
Then, when I started sewing, I took the pin out, and slowly started to unroll it. Maybe the heat from the iron helped it, but it stayed nice and pressed, and was much easier to handle!
Plus, I even knocked it off the table a few times, and it barely unrolled at all. This will help immensely, because now I can prepare my binding when I prepare and press everything else, and keep it nice and rolled while I do the quilt top and quilting and it will still be pressed and ready when I need it!