Monday, December 6, 2010

Make a List Monday #7

I thought last weeks list was going to be simple... Let's see how I did...

1. Get 4/8 blocks done for the quilt I have been commissioned to make. It needs to be done by the first week of January. I am a little embarrassed to say I haven't even finished calculating the measurements of the blocks/pieces of the blocks.

2. Do my Layer Cake Quilt Along block Thinking about redo-ing the handle, though. I am really liking how these blocks are coming together!

3. Finish the Christmas gift I am making for my sister and her hubby-- Although I have a feeling a FINISH won't be doable, I hope to at least have it mostly done this week! Halfway done. Had to get some more fabric, which I finally did yesterday.

Suffice it to say, I am determined to make a much better move on this week! Shaine is gone out of town (again!) to Chicago, so its just me and the kiddos. I took off work until Saturday, which is both a good and bad thing. Good because it opens up alot of time for me to get some crafting done--which I really need!! Bad because that means I have no personal income until Saturday--which I really need!! Quite the catch 22, right? I am embracing the time off though, as I can make up for the missed money later, but time you can never get back!

So this weeks list is as follows:

1. Make progress on the quilt I was commissioned to make.

2. Make my flower for Hanne in the Inchy Flower Swap

3. Finish the gifts for my sister

4. Make some more self-binding receiving blankets/burp cloths

5. Wrap up my package to my PTS4 partner and send it off (with lots of goodies!!)

And that may look small, but not to me. Ah well, off I go! How are you progressing on your Christmas crafting?

And just so as to not have a picture-less post, here are two from my trip to Austin Thursday night to visit two friends I haven't seen since shortly after my return from Iraq almost 3 years ago.
Cullen and "Unc Paw" (Uncle Paul)

Matt, Me, Paul, and Cullen
(apologies for the quality. The lighting in the restaurant was horrible, and all I had was my iPhone!)

1 comment:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Lists, like rules, are made to be broken - lol! At least you make a list and try to stick to it. Me? I just go with the flow and as a result have several WIPs right now.