Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One Flower Wednesday

Seeing as how I have become quite enamored with these little hexie flowers, I have decided to jump in and share my flower garden by signing up over at Journey of a Quilter, and sharing my progress!

For my first One Flower Wednesday post, I am actually going to share TWO. These are two flowers I made during the road trip back from Kansas while it was still light out enough to do so.

They were made using the 2.5inch squares I cut from my scraps using my AccuQuilt Go! cutter. I have decided I am going to go back to basting them through all the layers though. I feel that it is sturdier that way, especially since Mister Cullen likes to play with them and he knocked the paper out of one of them.

I know I said I was going to share pictures of the new fabric I got, but I decided I will hold that off until I get the other package I ordered and share it all at once :) Happy Wednesday!

13 comments:

Marion B. said...

Pretty flowers!

Jeanette said...

lovely flowers

Ariane said...

Love these!!! So cute!!

Karen said...

Welcome to One Flower Wednesday Jorie! You are off to a great start with two bright and happy flowers.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful flowers! So bright and cheery.

Nata said...

Süße Blumen!!

Jora said...

Welcome to "One Flower Wednesday" and thanks for showing two lovely flowers.

Joke
www.jora.punt.nl

Marieke (http://quiltpassie.web-log.nl/) said...

Welcome to the gardenclub! You've made beautiful flowers of great fabrics! Two months late: but congratulations on the birth of your new girl! How does her older brother like her?

Birdie said...

Too cute, very nice

Kunzfrau said...

What cheerful flowers. I like that! And especially in the currently uncomfortable season. With me in Berlin it is in fact very very cold!

Greetings Marion

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Lovely hexies and thank you for sharing---you are off to a wonderful start!

Carolyn :)

Wendy said...

What fun colorful flowers. I read through some of your other posts and I love the flower with the black center and little bees in the petals. So cute!

Renate Bischoff said...

WOW! That are beautiful fabrics you used!
Happy stitching
Renate