Monday, November 1, 2010

Make a List Monday #2

Wow, this past week has flown by! So much so that I haven't even been on to post since last Monday (although breaking my computer mouse had a little to do with that. I hate the touchpad of my laptop!)

Well, lets see where this last week has gotten me:

1. Stitch up some quick cake stand covers for my sister Still not done *sigh* I think this one irks me the most because I know it will be quick and easy, and I already have all the fabric, I just have to start. Have you ever postponed a project because it was TOO simple?

2. Finish the owl pillow she asked me to make for her (all that is left is to stitch up the opening from stuffing it) Also not done. Since they are being sent with the cake stand covers, though, I am not too worried about it yet.

3. Finish spraypainting Cullen's costume (I thought I had enough blue spray paint on hand, but fell just a bit short, so I have to get a new one) DONE! His little lego costume was so easy and fast--- and nearly free! He got compliments on it all day and evening.

4. Complete making Shaine's costume... I can't wait to share this one! Also DONE! This one won us some money. He's a kidnapped mermaid!

5. Sketch up an idea for a new baby quilt for a good friend, and for my brown bag quilt Not done, but I did take this picture of a walkway while leaving Sea World last night:Seems like a cute idea for some quilt blocks! (Or at least I think so anyway!)

So 2 out of 5 done. Not very good for my first "Make a List Monday" :( However, the entire month of October has been nonstop busy! All the birthdays, visiting family, helping a friend move last minute, Halloween, and the festivities that go along with all of the above has been tons of fun, but I'm ready for life to settle back down a bit! Yesterday all the couples got together and had a cookout for lunch, took the kiddos to Sea World for their Halloween bash, then came home for some trick or treating before bed.

Hopefully I will be able to get some more done this week, but I have to start looking for part time work! I am looking forward to getting out of the house a bit, meeting new people, and bringing home a little bit of money for myself. :)

This week's list:
1. Stitch up some quick cake stand covers for my sister
2. Finish the owl pillow she asked me to make for her (all that is left is to stitch up the opening from stuffing it)
3. Sketch up an idea for a new baby quilt for a good friend, and for my brown bag quilt
4. Make a bag with one of the patterns I have and have not tried yet
5. RELAX!

Looks much easier this week! What's on your to do list?

2 comments:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

those costumes are genius! And cute!

Good job Mama. :)

(and yes, I have avoided something because it was too simple and just felt like a blegh chore). ;)

Karin said...

I hopped over from Stash Manicure - your costumes are great! I love the kidnapped mermaid - defently worth a prize ;-)